If you see a snake:
• keep all people and pets well away (4m or more);
• do not try to catch or touch it.
If a snake poses a threat or is injured:
• contact the Wildlife Rescue hotline on 1300 596 457;
• watch the snake from a safe distance so that a snake handler can find it more easily:
• if you find a snake in your house, try to isolate the snake by closing the doors to the room and putting towels along the bottom of the doors.
If a person is bitten by a snake:
• call 000 for an ambulance immediately;
• treat the bite by following these instructions.
If a dog, cat or other pet is bitten:
• immobilise the pet and try to keep him/her as quiet as possible;
• take the pet to a veterinarian as quickly as possible:
• ring the vet to let him/her know you are coming.
Further information on snake bites to pets can be found here.Help