Membership of Wildlife Rescue Australia
Wildlife Rescue Australia has established an Australia-wide call centre to facilitate the rescue of Australian native animals. This 24/7/365 service is provided by WRA phone coordinators (PCs), supported by other members of the association.
Note: Applicants for membership to WRA should read the Confidentiality Agreement before applying.
Click here to join
All members of WRA are required to play an active role in the Association, either as a PC, research/admin/fundraising officer or other office bearer appointed by the Board.
Details relating to membership and governance of the association are available in the WRA Constitution. Persons may support WRA by registering as a rescuer or licenced carer WITHOUT JOINING WRA.
1. Persons applying for membership of Wildlife Rescue Australia must:
• be 18 years of age or over;
• have no criminal convictions, particularly relating to cruelty to animals; and
• not be involved in any commercial activity which conflicts with WRA’s aims or objectives.
2. Persons wishing to become a PC should preferably have:
• a working knowledge of native animal welfare;
• the maturity to handle calls from the public;
• good organisational skills;
• an adequate computer/internet and phone system; and
• good computer skills.
Wherever practicable, new members are required to act as a phone coordinator for an introductory period, so as to gain some understanding of the role. Training in the use of the inhouse “MapMaker” software is provided using screensharing software.
A member giving his/her time and effort to support WRA is not required to pay any membership fee.
To apply for Membership of WRA, complete the online application form.